I rarely jump into something without researching it online. So I have been reading blogs and trying to figure out what works best. #1.... actually blogging definitely works best. I guess if you skip a few months, people won't check back in to your blog. So here's wishing me patience and follow through!
Ten Days until Christmas, and my goal this year is to make homemade Christmas cards and homemade gifts. Have I started any of them? No. So I'm not setting a good precedent for follow through. But my excuse is the research.... I like reading magazines, looking at websites and other blogs for inspiration, ideas and know-how. Here are some links to really great sites for alternative crafts. Again, I remind you I don't know how to sew, crochet, knit, cross stitch.... I call that mainstream. If you have a brain that thinks like mine.... where the status quo just isn't your thing... then check these out.
http://craftzine.com/projects/
http://www.instructables.com/
http://www.creativememories.com/ (actually this in is more mainstream, but there's great ideas to copy)
http://www.pagemaps.com/ (good ideas for layouts for scrapbooking, but you can also steal ideas for cards or other alternative crafting)
So as the under-rated but still appreciated band Europe said... it's the final countdown. Tick tock to December 2-5..... need to get to work today. I'm making brag books for the grandparents, goofy ornaments from recycled jar lids, and pencil holders from recycled veggie cans. Wish me luck. Posting pictures later today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment