Thursday, December 4, 2008

What's going on?

It was a chilly night, Jack went to bed surprisingly easy, and I was bundled up on the brown recliner, looking for something to keep me entertained. Then I stumbled upon Blogger. I guess I had signed up for an account 2 years ago, and never came back.

Then, coincidentally, Arianna Huffington from the Huffingtonpost.com guested on The Daily Show, talking about a book on blogging, and how easy it is to do. So here I go... giving it a shot.

I read the Huffingtonpost.com every day. As a liberal, it's my duty, plus it's full of juicy political dirt. Celebrities regularly post at Huff, including John Cusack, Alec Baldwin, Drew Barrymore, and even Barack Obama. I doubt my blogs will ever measure up to theirs, but I might give it a shot.

I also check Facebook on a daily basis, sometimes much more often. That site is addictive, and I don't know why. Reconnecting with old high school classmates is unsettling. I haven't seen them in 20 years, and now I know exactly what they're feeling, what they're doing, and who they're friends with every single day. Jeff Jones has been married for 15 years, and has 3 kids. Amy Bice has a daughter in college, and Dan Gates owns an aviation company. Too bizarre. It's like I got the ending to a book through a spoiler instead of the good ol' fasion way... reunions. Speaking of which, my 20 year reunion is next summer, June 2009. Should be interesting to see if the Yahoo Groups, Facebook, Myspace, or emails makes the reunion any less awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment